|Operating System||Windows 10Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (or later)||Windows 10 (64 Bit)|
|CPU||Intel i3||Intel i5, i7|
|Hard Drive||300MB free disk space||256GB+ SSD (Solid State Drive)|
|Screen||Display Resolution 1280 × 800
Single Screen 24″
|Dual Screens 27″, 32″
Single Screen 49″
|Internet||Required to access online features||NBN, ADSL2+, 4G|
SoloAssist software is designed to run on Microsoft Windows operated devices such as, PC Desktop Computers, Laptops and Tablets. If you are purchasing a new device or would like to know the device requirements SoloAssist needs to run, please use this table as a guide.
SoloAssist will only run on Apple Mac devices using either Apple Boot Camp, Parallels or Fusion with Windows 10. Our feedback from existing clients recommends Parallels as the popular product of choice.
To take full advantage of the SoloAssist software platform, we recommend the following.
- For your workstation in the office, we recommend a desktop PC or laptop with dual 27”+ screens for estimating, quoting and on-screen takeoff.
- For a keyboard, we recommend ‘Logitech MX Keys’ which is wireless with illuminated keys, and is Apple Mac and multi device compatible.
- For a mouse, we recommend using ‘Logitech MX Master 3’ which is Apple Mac and multi device compatible. It’s beautiful to use.
- For working on the run, we recommend using a ‘Microsoft Surface Go 128GB’ with ‘Type Cover’ and ‘Touch Pen’ for signing PDF documents.
- Then setup a shared folder between your devices in Microsoft OneDrive to connect, update and share your quote and job files.
SoloAssist does not require dual screens to use, however with dual screens you can work faster and more efficiently. You can measure quantities in Plan Scan on one screen and view your quote check list and totals on the other screen.
With the low price of LCD monitors, it has become an affordable solution for the modern office. Popular monitor sizes are 27″ inch widescreens, giving you plenty of viewing space to read your plans and measure quantities.
Protecting your data is one of the most important aspects of your business. If you do not already have a data backup strategy in-place, then you need to consider some of the following options.
One of the easiest ways to backup data is with an external memory stick or hard drive. These devices are relatively inexpensive and usually plug into your computer via USB. Some even come with software that will automatically backup all your files for you. Backing up your data should be a daily or at least weekly task.
Another great option for backing up your work is through one of the many cloud storage services, most of which are free to use. An added benefit is that you can access your work from any device with an Internet connection. This allows you to seamlessly share your work between multiple devices. Check out some of the most popular cloud storage platforms below.